Monday, November 14, 2011

Boarman's Market

For months now, Josh has been talking about the sausage at Boarman's Market, a little family owned market in Highland, Maryland.  He isn't a big fan of breakfast {the complete opposite of me!} but he has been raving about Boarman's breakfast sandwiches.  The market is almost 30 minutes from our house which seemed like kind of a far drive just for a breakfast sandwich.  Well, this past Sunday I didn't have the energy to shoot down his pleas anymore, so after church we headed out to the country for some sausage, egg and cheese sandwiches.

Oh.My.Gosh.  I am so glad that Josh was so persistant!  I really fell in love with the place and have since decided that we need to move nearby.  The building doesn't look like anything special from the outside but don't let that fool you.  The inside is filled with nice people, amazing {house made!} meats, regular groceries, good looking produce and a huge variety of beer and wine. 

I went out front to buy some girl scout cookies while Josh paid for our sandwiches, meat and some fruit.  Josh said that when he stepped up to the counter he noticed a $20 bill on the floor.  He handed it to the cashier who then yelled out {by name} to the man who had just been rung up and was walking out the door.  It was really neat to be in a place where the employees know the customers by name, and where all kinds of people {from hillbilly looking guys to rich folks} mingle and chat.

The meat.... mmmm...


Josh and I decided that we needed to incorporate the sausage into a meal on Sunday so we decided on a breakfast dinner... which happens about four times a week in our very grown up house.  I didn't have energy to make a big production of dinner so I decided to keep it simple and put the sausage into-- you guessed it- cornbread!!  I would say I used about 3/4 of a pound of cooked sausage.  I didn't drain the fat because I figured the flavor would be good, plus there wasn't very much fat anyway.  It was delicious.  It would be a wonderful {not to mention quick and easy} addition to any brunch menu.  I smothered my slice in syrup, Josh put some butter on his... both variations were very, very tasty. 

* It was hard to get a picture of the packaging and the meat for you guys because I had a little koala attached to me in the ergo and he was grabbing at everything... I figured raw sausage might not be the best thing for him to put in his mouth. I know, I know-- I'm so overprotective.




No comments:

Post a Comment