Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Quiet Thankful

thankful #10: a time of day

I can't decide between two times... so it's another bonus day for you guys! 

1. Jack's first nap 
I love putting him down for this nap because it is by far the easiest he will go down for any nap.  I love rocking him {I know, I know... it's a bad habit... but I love it so back off!} and smelling his hair {Johnson and Johnson shampoo smells like Disney World to me} and kissing his cheeks.  It is also the longest nap that he takes so I can get stuff done... or take a nap myself. 


When he wakes up he is such a happy boy.  I usually spend a few minutes sitting on the floor next to his crib, just shooting the breeze with him and watching him work on crawling.  I love how he reaches for my hands and when he gets a grip he will just hold my hand and smile at me.  I'm a little worried that if he continues to be so cute that my heart might explode.

2. Jack's bedtime and the quiet time/sofa time following his bedtime
Watching Jack splash around in the bath tub is fun. Watching Josh play with Jack {and get him annoyingly riled up before bedtime} is adorable.  Reading books, saying good night to his night light and rocking him is soothing and wonderful.  That sweet, sweet moment after I lay him down in his crib, when I quietly creep down the creaky stairs and sucessfully make it to the bottom without waking him is great.  Laying on the sofa with Josh, a plate of oreos and a dvr'd episode of 30 Rock is the icing on the cake!!

2 comments:

  1. he is so stinkin' cute!

    I saw that you commented on Cup of Jo's giveaway for the necklace...I am doing a similar one & I think you would love it! Come check it out...

    xoxo
    Aarean

    colorissue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Aarean... your blog is great!! and the necklace on your giveaway is so delicate and beautiful!! going to follow you and post a comment now....

    ReplyDelete