Wednesday, March 23, 2011

warning: possible barf inducing post ahead...


I'm not sure if it is hormones, the warm weather that is approaching, or all the candy bars I ate today... but something has got me bursting at the seams with love for Josh. 

Sure, he gets the wrong lean cuisines even after I describe the sesame chicken ones very clearly... but he did the grocery shopping so I really should not complain!  And sure, he always leaves a bunch of water glasses on his nightstand and sometimes the cats knock them over... but he does the dishes and cleans the kitchen so who cares about a few water glasses next to the bed?!  I could (and sadly for everyone reading this probably WILL) go on a little longer about how lucky I feel to have such a wonderful man as my partner. 

I debated about writing this post because I mean really.... who cares??  But then I thought "well, hey, this is my blog... and all two of my readers can skip this post if they want!"  So here goes... some more reasons I am grateful for Josh....
  • He holds me up when I can't stand on my own.  Literally.  When I have had too much to drink and can't stand or function he helps me get into the house, get my shoes off and tucks me into bed.  And then the next morning when I stumble out of bed and see my cranberry-vodka stained dress, disheveled hair and mascara smeared face and the hangover guilt sets in, he lies to me and tells me that I was fiiiine and that everyone was drunk so nobody noticed that I was a complete fool.  He never, ever judges me.  He never ever points out the silly things I said or did.  He just carries me into the house and then goes to McDonald's the next morning to get me a sausage biscuit and a milkshake.
  • He text messages me every morning between 8am and 8:30am to make sure I got to work safely... and then tells me to have a nice day or that he loves me. 
  • I know I mentioned it before but it deserves another mention...... he cleans the kitchen.  I clean the bathroom and do laundry... and we clean the rest of the house together.  Bathroom cleaning and laundry don't have to be done every day but the kitchen does need to be cleaned up every day.  I think I got the better deal but I don't want to say anything to rock the boat.  But you know, even if he did realize that he does a lot more work than me I think he would continue doing it because he is just a nice guy like that. 
  • As mentioned in a previous post, reeling in the crazy is getting harder and harder... so when I have an irritional freakout about how my socks feel too tight on my feet and then that somehow turns into me yelling at Josh about not having painted the baby's room... he just takes it and then five minutes later when I get a hold of myself and apologize, he accepts my apology and gives me a hug.
  • He is always optimistic.  Even though I have told him that caring for a baby is a lot of work and we are in for a lot of sleepless nights, he is still convinced that taking care of our son will be "easy- like taking care of a cat."   
So here's to Josh... for always putting up with my craziness with a smile on his face!!

2 comments: