Friday, April 8, 2011

to-do list: nature walks and silly string....



When I was little my dad would take my sister and I on nature walks on the weekends.  He would try to scare us and make us think that there was an animal in the woods by throwing rocks behind his back.. we caught on pretty quick!  We would climb up rocky hills and he taught us how to make sure that the rocks were secure.  We explored caves, waded in rivers and hiked deep into forests. 

Our nature walks are only one of the many great memories I have from my childhood.  I also remember silly stringing the front yard at my Gooky's (my grandmother).. which is what was happening in the second picture above.  I remember eating funnel cakes on the beach in Ocean City every year on the Fourth of July.  All the reminiscing has me thinking about some of the things I want to do with my son in the coming years.....
  • Nature walks. Obviously.
  • Build forts out of blankets and boxes and furniture.  Read books in fort.
  • Go tubing at Rock State Park.
  • Lay in a field and look for four leaf clovers.
  • Silly sting something we shouldn't.
  • Go to Disney World!!
  • Go to Oriole's games.
  • Get an Entertainment Book and use coupons for fun things like museums and pizza places and mini golf!
  • Waste a ton of money on skeeball... and get really excited about the dumb prizes we use our tickets to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment