Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Obligatory New Mom Halloween Post

I had big plans for Halloween this year... my little prince was going to be... Prince.  Or is it "the artist formerly known as Prince"?  I'm not sure... it is whatever he was when he made the cinematic gem that is Purple Rain.  But then October flew by and somehow it was three days before Halloween and I was wondering where to get purple sweatpants or how to sweet talk my mom into making a purple, velour blazer and matching pants and billowy top.  Maybe next year.

So this year my little prince was a little brown horse (costume courtesy of Meesh and her wonderful, little vintage clothing store Myrtle Dove) and a skeleton (a onesie I picked up on clearance from Old Navy)... and he was a good sport while I took about a hundred pictures of him... first trying (unsuccessfully) to get photos of him with our black cat and then making him sit outside of my grandmother's house in the cold while I tried to get at least one picture of him where he isn't looking down at leaves.

So here are some pictures from our first Halloween together!

Jack was really interested in touching and trying to eat the pumpkins so he wasn't the most cooperative little skeleton... I tried to get a picture of Bagheera (our black cat) but he wasn't too cooperative either.  I learned a lesson during this photo session...... don't expect much from a 6 month old skeleton and a clumsy black cat.






Then we headed over to my grandmother's house for a visit and photo session number two (aka mild baby torture).  He was much more interested in the grass and the leaves than worrying about posing and bringing the Blue Steel for me.


My dad was able to get his attention for a few minutes....




Overall, I think our first Halloween was a success!  Plus, we only had four trick or treaters so we now have had a big bowl of snickers at home... so, yeah, it was a good Halloween in my book. 

I hope you all had a safe and happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment