Thursday, September 22, 2011

jalapeno popper dip...

This dip is badass.  It is the biker dude of creamy dips.  Sexy, spicy and smooth.  Ok now it is starting to sound like an R&B song.  Bottomline, this dip is awesome!


(I will be sure to take a picture the next time I make it... until then you can use your imagination!)


Jalapeño Popper Dip
(adapted from Allrecipes.com)

Ingredients
* 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened (I usually use one regular and one low fat just so I can feel a little healthier)
* 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
* 3-6 fresh jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (the more you use, the spicier the dip.. obviously!)
* 1-2 tablespoons of jarred jalapeno pepper juice and a few slices from the jar (this ingredient is optional)
* 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* breadcrumbs (I don't measure but I probably use about half a cup)

Directions
1.  Stir together the cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth.  Stir in peppers, pepper juice (if using), and shredded cheese.  Pour mixture into microwave/oven safe baking dish (I usually use an 8x8 dish) and liberally sprinkly with breadcrumbs.  You can also sprinkle with more shredded cheese if you are feeling crazy... but I find that cheese on top make it a bit too crispy.

2.  Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.  The original recipe calls for the dip to be microwaved on high for 3 minutes... I have not tried this but let me know how it turns out if you decide to go this route!

Enjoy!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment